Tuesday, January 26, 2010

John can CLAP!

Horray! Horray! Our little man can now clap! I know this is like a 6 month old skill and he is now 20 months old, but he is finally able to clap! I think he went so fast with his gross motor skills that he just didn't want to take the time to clap or he was being stubborn or something, but we kept working on it and now he can clap!

Also, most kids learn early on, when you ask them where your nose is or where their nose is and they can point to it. Well... I have been working really hard on this with John because part of speech is understanding language and knowing a body part is actually something they have on their test. Well, John could care less about my nose or his nose or any animals nose. But now the other day, I showed him where his belly button was! And that he thought was really cool! It took him only a few minutes to realize he had a belly button and mommy had a belly button and now if you ask where it is, he'll show you!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Missy, I found your blog after reading a newspaper article about your son here in West bend WI. Thank you for being so public you have brought my wife and I hope for our daughter. So glad to hear about John's progress. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete