Saturday, September 18, 2010

JOHN HAS 2 WORDS!!! LET'S CELEBRATE!!


I am so excited! I know I am a little bit delayed in adding this post. He probably started saying these two words about 2-3 weeks ago, but with the coming arrival of Sarah, I didn't have time to update my blog. John's two words are "HELP" and "BYE". Although, they are not totally perfect, you can understand what he is saying. Bye is much more understandable than Help. He says "heeelll" for Help. It is long and drawn out (real "southern" sounding) and he doesn't put the "p" on the end of it. He says this word for just about everything he wants. He knows if he says help while pulling on the fridge for food, or for getting down from something, or if something is stuck, etc... it works for just about anything he wants. I am not only proud that he can say Bye, but also he does it without being prompted, which I think shows great understanding of what is going on. He knows when someone is about to leave and he will say Bye or Bye Bye. He goes to a little preschool once a week and when I went to pick him up after the first day, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door and the whole way down the hall, until we reached outside, he kept saying Bye! In other words... he was ready to get out of there!

2 comments:

  1. All of this progress is so exciting! All huge milestones. Sam just got that final consonant less than a year ago and now she's throwing together all sorts of long sentences. John is definitely on his way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a reason to celebrate! How exciting. It has been a while since I've seen a picture of this little guy. He is so handsome. I love this picture. Thanks for the update. I love hearing how things are going.

    ReplyDelete